Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tanvir Ahmad has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain
- Heart Block
- Shortness of Breath
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Unstable Angina
- Holter monitoring
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Nuclear Medicine
- Heart Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 5
My husband had triple bypass surgery in 2001. The surgeon never did any follow up and the cardiologist he had was not only hard to see but could not remember medications my husband was on nor did he ever do any follow up like stress test of ultrasound to see how the arteries were healing. 2 years later my husband had another attack and we found Dr Ahmed. 1 of the arteries is now "a piece of string blowing in the wind" quote for Dr T. He now only has 4 arteries and of them have stints in them thanks to Dr T who has kept him healthy and happy with no further surgery.
Dr. Ahmad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Tanvir Ahmad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Specialists, 7020 Smoke Ranch Rd, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Tanvir Ahmad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.