Dr. Tanya L Livingston Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Tanya L Livingston?

Find a better doctor for yourself

I had Dr. Livingston as my primary for over a decade, and I do not know why I didn't find a new doctor sooner. I can name a quite a few instances where either she or her NP Amy were merely rude, but who cares about that. What makes her a poor doctor is her terrible judgment calls that are dangerous for patients. I was suffering from constant migraines that usually lasted for 4-7 days with a 1-2 day break in between. These caused depression and those two issues were ruining my life. They caused a myriad of problems including losing my job, not being able to leave my house, inability to process almost any conversation due to constant pain, not able to stand light and sound, more than two people talking, and well, you get the picture. I tried to explain to her NP Amy, why it was so important to me to get my life back. I was told she had to break the news to an earlier patient that they had cancer, so I should get over it. I am not saying depression equals cancer, but come on. When you have someone telling you they don't want to live anymore because of the pain and not being able to do day to day things, you don't tell them to get over it. You can't cure depression by telling someone to get over it or shake it off. I talked to Dr Livingston while in tears and was prescribed two medications, one for the depression, the other for the migraines. Pretty sure she thought I only wanted pain meds because I had no clue they made medicines for migraines. And yes, they always treated me like trash since they thought I was only showing up to get high. Turns out the anti-depressant made me feel crazy, so I stopped taking it. During my follow up, I explained what my problem with the anti-depressant was, and how insane it made me feel, and my symptoms. Was told I should keep taking it. I didn't, I felt insane on those two medications and the anti-migraine pills just did the strangest things to my system and after a few weeks were not stopping my migraines. I kept taking them, I thought it was my only option to have a semblance of a life. I was never told there were dozens of other medications I could try for either problem. This went on for about three months until I gave up and decided this was my life now. I had migraines and depression for a bit over two and a half years. Then I got a new primary doctor. I was terrified the day I had my first appt with my new doctor. I fully expected to be treated like a piece of trash and to be told the same things Dr. Livingston and Amy had told me. I had a panic attack while getting ready, but sadly I was use to getting panic attacks before seeing a doctor. I learned the medicines Dr. Livingston prescribed me cause Serotonin Syndrome, and are never suppose to be taken together. All the strange symptoms I had told Dr. Livingston are caused by Serotonin Syndrome. I did not google my medications because we all know doctors despise that and chastise you for doing so. I should have. My new primary told me my first visit with her. Her system flagged it in red which means "not under any circumstance prescribe together." BTW, Serotonin Syndrome will f you up. I was given medications that do not interfere with each other and told to call if anything odd happens and to let her office know if I believed either medication to not be working for me. Three weeks after my first visit with my new primary and my new medications, I was turning into a new person. Four months after and I can't believe I didn't try to see a new doctor sooner. Dr. Livingston is very charismatic, and she has a nice clean office with a lab you can walk to, but those things don't matter when she doesn't actually care for her patients or their well-being. In my case, she caused more harm than anything. I don't know how many others she has negatively affected, but don't let the next one be you.

Incredibly unprofessional

I understand that doctors are people and that they have bad days, but this lady was more interested in complaining about her co-workers and support staff than diagnosing or treating me. Everything was someone else's fault and she just could not be bothered with me as a patient sitting in front of her. As far as medical groups, Integris has been good, but Dr. Livingston needs to repeat the bedside manner part of her training, and learn that medicine is a team sport. I manage a large team and would be fired if I treated my customers or coworkers in that way.

Waste of space

First, i will admit that im not the best patient, as I do miss appointments, not intentionally, but due to work schedules and timelines. However, missed appointments shouldn't be met with canceled prescriptions that were otherwise valid with refills avalible. The only way to get another prescription would be to schedule another appointment with her front office staff that we're apparently disgruntled ex DMV employees that didn't mind serving up a quick tounge lashing while they had you on the phone. Tanya is the 2nd worst caregiver I've ever dealt with but I needed my gout scripts renewed and she had taken over for my previous caregiver who was absolutely the worst I had, so I figured she couldnt be any worse and went ahead with the initial appointment. The bar I set wasn't that high but she was barely stumbled over it. I had a few more appointments with her each breaking the precedent set before with contradicting information on drug side effects, disingenous responses, and concerns.

Happy Patient

Dr. Livingston is an amazing doctor. She is considerate, professional, and meticulous in her work. I've been very pleased with my choice of choosing her as my doctor for over eight years.

When Dr. Livingston first started practicing, she was thourough, respectful, non judgemental & we honestly thought (she treated my husband, 3 children & sister also)we found a physician we would be able to see until our old age. However, as the years progressed, her ego grew along with her practice. She developed the "God complex", acting as if she was a specialist in absolutely every field of medicine. She would argue over recommendations our other physicians made (specialty physicians we had been referred out to, such as neurology, gastrology, ob-gyn, etc.)& make judgemental comments if we questioned her opinion. Yes, she is the "doctor", but each person knows their individual body & what works for one patient may not work for another. Her attitude has changed from caring & compassionate, to judgemental & at times condesending. It is very disappointing to see that a doctor who was blessed with a gift has allowed her success to take priority over providing excellent patient care.

Dr. Livingston is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. She is dilegent, caring and respectful. It is amazing that someone of her young age has so much knowledge.

Excellent Care

Everyone at Dr. Livingston's office takes excellent care of me. I am very fortunate to have a Dr. and staff who cares so much.

Sue

First, she has NOT been practicing for 20 years. I have been seeing her since she started her practice and have great trust in her. She is very caring and kind.

Not Good

I would not recommend this doctor. She does not spend enough time with you to find out what is wrong. If she cant diagnose you she gets frustrated and treats you like an invalid. My experience was aweful and I will never go back especially when the very next doctor I went to was able to diagnose my health issue.

What???

I have been seeing Tanya for about 5 years... She's only been in practice for 7 to 8... How did the "fruit-loop" above see her for 20 years before being dropped??? I'm very dubious about the accuracy of her claim....

Though she is very busy her staff has worked me in when I needed to see her. her diagnosis are well thoughtout, accurate with treatment being the most current guidelines. It took me 6 months to find a good physician and I'm glad I found her. I would recommend her and have recommended her to all my friends.

Poor Service after 20 years with this Dr.

After 20 years of seeing this Dr. she dropped me as a patient for 3 missed appts. over this 20year period.I am having to find another Dr. to finish treatment that she started at the first of the year. One of these missed appts. was in 2007,1 was made by another Dr. and forgot to let me know about the appt. and one was because my boss would not let me leave. This goes beyound poor service, courtesy, or caring.