Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tanya D Mays has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Mays is the best ever. I needed surgery, and she went above and beyond what anyone else would do. She had a complicated procedure, and did it perfectly. Above that, she is the most caring doctor I have ever seen. I wish her the best, and hope to see her again one day. She is a star for sure!!!!!
I have just heard that Dr. Mays is no longer practicing but working only at the hospital (i.e. emergency room) I am just beyond disappointed and although I understand that this is might be best for her... There is no one that can possibly fill her shoes. She has helped me in ways no other dr. has. Dr. Mays treats you like a real person, a friend. Takes your symptoms seriously even if tests don't reveal much. I'm mid-treatment and will be lost without her... here's hoping she is just in transition, if not with all my heart I wish her well.Dr. Mays is a class act!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Tanya D Mays accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFaxton-St Luke's Hospital-St Luke's Campus, 1656 Champlin Ave, Utica, NY
Dr. Tanya D Mays is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Utica, NY.