Dr. Tanya Russo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tanya Russo?

Not for sensitive

Posted on March 18th, 2017

Dr. Russo has a dry sense of humor that's not for everyone. She's also a cut and DRG person. She is not one to make small talk or share personal experiences with you. She will, however, go above and beyond for the health of your child. She makes sure referrals have been made and will call if the appointment is too far out to get you in sooner. She doesn't force her way of raising kids on you either. Many pediatricians nowadays like to give advice on how to raise your kids( potty training, breastfeeding, etc) but Dr. Russo doesn't do this. She leaves the parenting up to the parents. Great doctor! I'd recommend her to anyone!

Grossly DISAPPOINTED (Columbia Office)

Posted on January 27th, 2015

After scheduling appts for my children, since moving from another state, I was excited and sure we had made the right decision. The scheduling person is delightfully wonderful. I thought this was a sure sign of the climate of the practice. Boy was I wrong. Our previous Pediatrician had to send records 3x before they realized she had sent them in the original email. The nursing staff spoke to me as if I were one of their girl friends and used phrasing that I found inappropriate. Ultimately I was in a near state of shock at Dr Russo's bedside manor. Being it was our 1st impression you would think she would at least pretend to be interested in them. She was not. She was distant, dismissive, and inappropriately pouty. My younger son is on the Autism Spectrum. Her verbiage with respect to him was at best ignorant, and at worst abusive and negligent. She made all sorts of facial expressions during her assessment of them and seemed afraid to touch them. I'm also a medical professional and would never exhibit the behaviors she did during any encounter with a patient. Needless to say, we will NOT be back. They all could learn from the scheduling receptionist. She is the BEST part of their practice. So sad.

Out of Touch

Posted on September 16th, 2012

First let me say Dr. Russo had been my child's doctor since he was born. At first we were pleased with her, but I must admit the last few appointments we have had with her were not the best. She has not been as friendly as she has been in the past, and the last appointment we had with her seemed completely out of touch. I will be the first to say my child is not perfect because there are no perfect people in this world, but when a doctor suggests parents are not giving a child consequences for his or her actions, I feel a line has been crossed. Not one time did my child do something while in her office that was out of the ordinary in comparison to other children his age, and she took it upon herself to say "it is obvious he does not know there are consequences for his actions." Well as a person who has worked in the education profession all of my professional career, I assure you I am very aware of the actions and behaviors of children, but I would never tell a parent he or she basically is not doing his or her job. The funny part of the entire situation is my son had another doctor's appointment just a few hours after the one with Dr. Russo, and in his next appointment, the staff commenting on how well behaved he was. It is amazing how one medical professional can have a distorted perception while others can have a more realistic one. With all of these thoughts in mind, my husband and I have decided to dissolve our relationship with this doctor and seek a professional who is more in touch.

Posted on August 21st, 2012