Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Tanya N Yanovsky has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Tanya N Yanovsky has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Tanya N Yanovsky has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
An amazing psychiatrist who sees the problems that are there and lets you know when there isn't a problem. I have brought up several concerns to her and she instantly addressed the real problems and told me that I need to stop overthinking the others. Time after these incidences I acknowledge that she was correct about all. I understand the anger coming from people on this page but I can affirm that she is a great doctor, uninterested in overprescribing and looking to get to the bottom of the problem. Also, she is from a different country and her mannerisms are aligned with those of her native country.
Any psychiatrist should know that there are clients who "fit" and those who don't. To continue to expose a client to your condescending, cold and icy attitude (as referenced by others here) for whatever your reason is tantamount to abuse. If Yanovsky is unable to find compassion for certain patients she should kindly suggest that they move on...admitting that the struggles of those patients either 1. trigger HER or 2. are beyond the scope of her abilities to adequately treat. I am grieved that my mother has seen this woman for so long.
40 Years Experience
Saint Petersburg State University
Graduated in 1978
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Tanya N Yanovsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Locations & DirectionsPsychological Care Associates, 125 Newbury St Ste 500, Framingham, MA
Dr. Tanya N Yanovsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Framingham, MA.