More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tara N Prokop has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Tara N Prokop has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Tara N Prokop has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tara N Prokop is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Prokop spent a lot of time with my children and myself. I felt she gave very good medical advise in a polite and respectful manner. She had a great bedside manner and was easy to relate to. My children felt at ease when speaking with her and I'm going to try and make her our family pediatrician.
This place is horrid! I wish I could have met with a Dr. but their front office staff will not allow me! I called to book an appointment for my children who would be two new patients. Upon learning that they will not allow your children in the same day, and the same dr is not there every day... they had us booked over a month period. They wouldn't allow us to come in and meet with the Dr. first... they said it is not protocol. (WHAT?) They then told us that our children would not be seen for over a year because they had just been in for a WC checkup at our old place, but also stated the DR does not see sick children if he has not met them in well child. Telling me that I had to use Urgent Care for a year! WHAT? This place is crazy! Good luck if you actually get to meet a dr who works there.
Prokop is a nice and pretty down-to-earth, but she always seems like she in a rush to get through the appt. and she is only avail. 3days a week! My appts. are often canceled or changed and when I would call back the staff seemed to have attitude and they nor the nurses have a good bedside manner w/ my little girl. The waiting room is not kid friendly at this point either..
I like Dr. Prokop but her office staff change quite often and never seem to have any clue what is going on. My son is 2 1/2 and I've never been asked on my way out to schedule the next appointment. They have messed up the billing 2 times (granted, military insurance can be confusing when on active duty vs. when not---which is why I've explained at each visit which insurance to bill BEFOREHAND, only to be billed later incorrectly). I also feel the waiting room leaves much to be desired. I realize no toys is actually a sanitary decision, but at least some cool pictures, images, an aquarium, SOMETHING!!! Honestly, when I think about the overall experience, it is more like seeing an adult practioner rather than a pediatricians office. We are now pregnant with our second and considering using another office, even though the Dr. herself has been very good.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Tara N Prokop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSummit Pediatrics, 6350 Mae Anne Ave Ste 3, Reno, NV
Dr. Tara N Prokop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.