Dr. Tara N Prokop Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tara N Prokop?

Love Dr. Prokop

Dr. Prokop is a great pediatrician. I think she is smart and knows when to be worried and when not. She treats my kids with respect and asks them questions directly

Dr. Prokop spent a lot of time with my children and myself. I felt she gave very good medical advise in a polite and respectful manner. She had a great bedside manner and was easy to relate to. My children felt at ease when speaking with her and I'm going to try and make her our family pediatrician.

Not the place for families of more than one child.

This place is horrid! I wish I could have met with a Dr. but their front office staff will not allow me! I called to book an appointment for my children who would be two new patients. Upon learning that they will not allow your children in the same day, and the same dr is not there every day... they had us booked over a month period. They wouldn't allow us to come in and meet with the Dr. first... they said it is not protocol. (WHAT?) They then told us that our children would not be seen for over a year because they had just been in for a WC checkup at our old place, but also stated the DR does not see sick children if he has not met them in well child. Telling me that I had to use Urgent Care for a year! WHAT? This place is crazy! Good luck if you actually get to meet a dr who works there.

OFFICE STAFF/AVAILABILITY

Prokop is a nice and pretty down-to-earth, but she always seems like she in a rush to get through the appt. and she is only avail. 3days a week! My appts. are often canceled or changed and when I would call back the staff seemed to have attitude and they nor the nurses have a good bedside manner w/ my little girl. The waiting room is not kid friendly at this point either..

I like Dr. Prokop but her office staff change quite often and never seem to have any clue what is going on. My son is 2 1/2 and I've never been asked on my way out to schedule the next appointment. They have messed up the billing 2 times (granted, military insurance can be confusing when on active duty vs. when not---which is why I've explained at each visit which insurance to bill BEFOREHAND, only to be billed later incorrectly). I also feel the waiting room leaves much to be desired. I realize no toys is actually a sanitary decision, but at least some cool pictures, images, an aquarium, SOMETHING!!! Honestly, when I think about the overall experience, it is more like seeing an adult practioner rather than a pediatricians office. We are now pregnant with our second and considering using another office, even though the Dr. herself has been very good.

bad office staff

Dr prokop is a great dr. but her office staff on the other hand are not. the nurse didnt get me a chance to hold my son down b4 she shuck him. my poor son had a red mark/bruse for 2 wks. i then tried to make an appt for my sick son, the office staff told me that they dont do next day appt and to take my son to the er or uc. whats the point of a pcp if they dont want to see ur sick child?

Great Pediatrician

Dr. Prokop is great! We chose her before our son was born because her office was close and she was nice, but honestly didn't put much thought into the decision because didn't expect to spend much time at the doctors. Our son was unexpectedly born with a serious congenital defect, so we have been spending TON of time at doctor's offices, particularly Dr. Prokops. She always takes the time to answer all my questions, and i feel like she really cares about my son. I call her office all the time (at least once per week) with questions, requests for prescriptions, and requests for referrals - she and her staff always respond quickly, courteously, and helpfully. The office is run promptly so you rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes past your scheduled appointment time. Within her practice area she is very knowledgeable and competent, but she will also acknowledge when something is outside her area of expertise and direct you to where you can get more help. And she gives great referrals - i really like (almost) all the doctors she has referred us to, and the ones i dont like are the only ones with that area of specialty in the reno-sparks area.

She seemed to really enjoy her job and was kind and fun with the kids. Took great care of us.

Out of this world

Fix your office! Cold, bland and unwelcoming. The worldly thing might work for adults but you run a pediatrics office. No response from staff upon departure regarding any rescheduling. Pay upfront before the product...boo hiss! Ya'll need to get your business together. Look at your atmosphere, your frontline staff and the overall presentation of your office.

She is awesome. I feel she truly cares for my family.