Dr. Tara N Thacker Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Tara N Thacker?

My dad died within 12 hours after Dr. Thacker insisted he was too healthy to stay in the hospital.

I've waited months to see if I'd cool off after dealing with Dr. Thacker, but I have not and feel I need to warn others. A prior review of Dr. Thacker reinforces the experience I had with her. I'm a former critical care registered nurse who was an advocate for my 91 year old dad who was hospitalized. Dr. Thacker does not like to be questioned or her decisions challenged. She was out of touch about the true state of health of my elderly dad. She looked at charts and numbers, but spent minimal time actually examining my dad herself to determine his physical capabilities and physical conditions. She does not seem sympathetic to elderly patients. She may be smart but she seems to lack compassion for the elderly

Avoid at all costs!

As other reviewers mentioned; trying to get a referral for a dermatologist is like pulling teeth. I have never been so frustrated and upset before. She rushes through everything and comes off as unsympathetic and uninvolved. I expressed another opinion because I had gone to another doctor (she cancelled on me and since she is my primary physician I couldn't go to another doctor so I had to wait close to three months to finally get a fcking appointment...I don't usually get so angry but...)and that other doctor (along with another one) recommended getting a test to see that everything was fine with me. Well, when I mentioned this she flew off the handle and got really unbearable. I had to ARGUE with her to change my medication because I was suffering an extreme side effect. Please do yourself a favor and get a doctor who is: patient, open to hearing opinions other than their own, get a doctor that takes their time to listen to you and one that offers you information.

Not so great

Dr. Thacker doesn't seem to be very aware of patients, at least of elderly ones. I feel that she disregards the issues of seniors and does not provide adequate care. This could be partly due to the fact that she belongs to an HMO. She does not seem to be aware of a patients complete history, therefore she misses things.

Always have to wait quite a while and then am treated like I am no important enough. Seems annoyed by my questions and concerns.

Excellent

I have had good experiences with Dr Thacker and her staff. She responded quickly to my condition. Her office help schedule appts with other depts. she is knowledgable and patient. i did not feel rushed.

overwhelmed, unhelpful for pcp care

Just a mess... dismisses your opinion, usually wrong diagnosis, reluctant to order tests because she thinks she knows best without testing. Never ever returned my calls, emails. Never responded to refill requests by my pharmacy, I called office and they paged her and she still never responded. Worst dr. I ever had.

Always seems rushed, wait time is crazy, and then when they call you so that she can attend to you its ANOTHER HALF HOUR. Always rushes you. She did not give me a full physical but instead rushed it. I'm sure she doesn't mean too but she comes off as aloof and uncaring because she is ALWAYS rushing. Trying to get a referral from her to see a dermatologist, etc. is A PAIN!

Poor Review

Dr. Thacker did not wash her hands before she checked my eyes, ears and throat. She seemed rushed and did not answer all my questions; she did not seem to care at all about me.

Avoid at all costs.

Her total inability to handle her patient load finally made me decide the change physicians. It was like emailing a brick wall. I can't believe I kept her as my doctor for as long as I did.