Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tatjana Deretic has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 11
From my experience, Dr. Deretic uses limited meeting time to ramble about whatever she wants. She doesn't make space for her patients to talk, she gave unsolicited advice, and she even attempted to overpower my own decisions with hers. (I had decided to confide in a friend about my struggles, and she told me I shouldn't bother them. I ignored her advice and later, when I told her what a huge success it was and how happy I was with my decision, instead of being happy for me, she insisted that it was "50/50" that I "survive" my decision.) She's stubborn (which is fine) and inconsiderate (which is not), and the two make a very bad combination. I do not recommend her, and I'm thrilled that I transferred to someone who is actually good.
We have seen many psychiatrists in order to get help for our 24-year-old son, and this was the first one who really helped. She is very caring and responsive. She really listens, but is not one of those bumps-on-the log who just sits there and doesn't give much feed-back. Our son also likes her and is going to see her on his own-- something we did not think we would see. After just one session, he is coming alive, and the light is coming back in his eyes. I highly recommend her.
27 Years Experience
University Of Belgrade
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Tatjana Deretic accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tatjana Deretic in this video.
Dr. Tatjana Deretic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.