Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ted J Fish has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ted J Fish has the following 5 expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 3 of 3
Very satified patient.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ted J Fish - Posted on August 29th, 2015
I drive about 80 miles one way, passing other cardiologist and medical facilities on the way, to see Dr. Fish . Have seen him for years. Wife went to work for a medical facility in another city and I had to use their doctors for insurance purposes. After 4-5 years she went to work for the VA and I turned old enough for Medicare and Social Security. I immediately went back to Dr. Fish. He takes the time to talk to you and most important, listen to you. He is backed up by very professional and caring staff and assistants. I feel truly blessed to have him as my doctor.
An Excellent Cardiologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ted J Fish - Posted on February 18th, 2013
I've been a patient of Dr. Fish for over five years now, and though I've had the opportunity to change doctors, I've declined to do so. Dr. Fish is an eminently skilled physician, with an excellent bedside manner. He has the staff, resources, and facilities to give his patients a great (considering the circumstances) health care experience. I don't hesitate to recommend him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ted J Fish - Posted on October 14th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Ted J Fish Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWALKER HEART INSTITUTE CARDIOVASCULAR CLINIC, 3211 N Northhills Blvd, Fayetteville, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ted J Fish, MD - Cardiology in Fayetteville, AR, in this video.
Dr. Ted J Fish is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fayetteville, AR.