Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tej K Kokroo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tej K Kokroo has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Tej K Kokroo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Perhaps it is only in the case of senior citizens, but Dr. Kokroo's office has displayed a consistent lack of follow-up and communication after important tests. After one test, we called once weekly for results that were supposed to be given to us the following business day; after a MONTH of phone calls, we were abruptly given the instructions to pick up a prescription -- without explanation or receipt of the test results OR a conversation with the doctor. When I asked why I had not been called with the results and prescription, I was told, "It was in my pile of things to do." A different test similarly went three weeks without contact from the office, also requiring me to contact them twice in order to obtain a referral to a specialist. I wonder if the office would have contacted me with the results, prescription, or referral had we not contacted the office repeatedly. We will be looking for a different doctor, where senior citizens' health is valued and attended to promptly.
Temple University Health System
Dr. Tej K Kokroo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Health Center 2, 100 E Lehigh Ave Ste 109, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Tej K Kokroo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.