Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Teki S Hegwood has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Teki S Hegwood has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Teki S Hegwood has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Teki S Hegwood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I chose Dr. Hegwood because she was the only female doctor in our area who took our insurance. We were active duty military. From the beginning she was weird in the way she described herself. During our delivery she wouldn't allow us to take pictures or film, my husband couldn't cut the umbilical cord, and she thinned my cervix with such force I cried out. She used the vacuum to extract my daughter and seemed like she had other plans I was disrupting. She belittled me for the amount of time I was spending on breastfeeding and laughed at me (once she left the room with her staff) when I came in with an infection. To this day I am haunted that she is still out there delivering children.
23 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Teki S Hegwood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsTeki Susan Hegwood Md, 103 E Memorial Ave Ste A, Opp, AL
Dr. Teki S Hegwood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Opp, AL.