Dr. Terako S Amison Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Terako S Amison?

Dr. Amison is one of the most caring doctors I have ever seen. Not only is very competent medically, but she is very caring. I would recommend her without hesitation.

Vanderbilt Psych: Another Disappoint

I first went to Dr. Amison on a therapist's referral in hopes of getting fresh eyes on a stale diagnosis. Rather than consider my situation anew, she piggy-backed her assessment off of a previous psychiatrist's (...a psych who'd also diagnosed me based on the assessment of a previous shrink-- one who'd I'd met just once, for 45 minutes, years before being seen @ Vanderbilt.) Not only was she dismissive of my feelings/reasons for being suicidal, but Dr Amison literally chuckled after I shared the list of hardships I've been struggling with personally (i.e. being lonely & isolated, infertility, not being able to complete higher education, work problems, etc.) saying she didn't see why those things couldn't change for me with time but COMPLETELY neglecting to share any insight into how to go about improving my disposition or what treatment could help. No guidance on what course of treatment She had absolutely no "bedside manner." I left her office feeling more defeated and hopeless than I have in over a year. After working so hard to find a provider who makes an effort to see the patient beyond their family history & diagnosis, Dr. Amison was no exception to the rule. It's a shame that such a wonderful facility with great programs & a 5-star staff overall, has such dissapointing psychiatrists. In my assessment, Dr. A's skills would be better utilized in a classroom rather than a clinic.

HONESTY AND STILL STRIVING

I JUST WISH DOCTOR AMISON COULD HAVE STAYED A LITTLE LONGER...MY PROGNOSIS IS BETTER THAN WHICH SHE DIAGNOSED ME AS. SHE IS A CARING PHYSICIAN AND HAS A OPEN HEART. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW UP WITH ME FOR I WILL BE ONE OF HER MENTIONED SUCCESS STORIES IN THE COMING YEAR.