Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terence R Bertele
Dr. Terence R Bertele, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waldorf, MD, with other offices in Leonardtown, MD and Washington, DC . His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Bertele is affiliated with UM Charles Regional Medical Center, Medstar St Marys Hospital and MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center. Dr. Bertele has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Terence R Bertele has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Cholesterol Management
- Holter monitoring
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 36
I went to Dr.Bertele because I was informed that Dr. Bartosyk was no longer in practice. I later found out that wasn't true. If you make an appointment with Dr.Bertele plan to be there for 3 hours. You will wait for 2 1/2 hours before you're called back to his office. The last time I saw him he spent 3 minutes with me. Finally, I went into a room for a sono of my carotid artery (which was blocked) and was sent on my way. Plus, 1 month before I could get in to see him I passed out breaking my right leg and ankle. He didn't even take 1 minute of his busy day to talk to me about it. I was livid when I left his office. He has constantly told me that he can't figure out what the problem is. I finally asked my other doctor who to go to and she recommended heart institute of southern Maryland. I'm making an appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully, these doctors will be able to tell me what's going on. I will say he's a nice man to talk with however; he's to busy to be bothered with real problems. His office manager is very nice though.
I waited over 3 hours for him. Each time I go he does exam he leaves to take a call or another appt then doesn't say what the diagnosis is. He always leaves in the middle of exam and doesnt return. For this very reason I was told by another local doctor not to return to him. I will not return. Other such positive reviews must be his staff because I met a few others in his office who felt the same way but dont leave because there isnt many other local cardiologists.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bertele is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Terence R Bertele accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Terence R Bertele in this video.
Dr. Terence R Bertele is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waldorf, MD.