Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terence Cooney
Dr. Terence Cooney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elkhorn, NE, with other offices in Omaha, NE and Omaha, NE (and 3 other locations). He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Cooney is affiliated with The Nebraska Medical Center, Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce. Dr. Cooney has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Terence Cooney has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Terence Cooney has the following 1 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Terence Cooney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Terence Cooney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cooney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Nebraska Medical Center
Nebraska Methodist Hospital
Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce
Jennie Edmundson Hospital
Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
31 Years Experience
University of Nebraska
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Terence Cooney in this video.
Dr. Terence Cooney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elkhorn, NE.