Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Teresa D Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Teresa D Allen has the following 7 expertise
- Chelation Therapy
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
Self-verified patient of Dr. Teresa D Allen - Posted on December 30th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Teresa D Allen - Posted on August 29th, 2016
Had an appointment with Dr Allen to discuss Chelation. She did a great job explaining the likely benefits and limitations of this therapy.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Teresa D Allen - Posted on March 21st, 2015
Dr. Teresa Allen in Montgomery, AL is THE BEST doctor I have ever been to!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Teresa D Allen - Posted on March 12th, 2015
Dr. Teresa Allen is a caring and understanding doctor who really listens to me. She doesn't act like I don't know what I'm talking about and she never acts like I have crazy questions. She has always been compassionate and sensitive. The main thing that I love about Dr. Allen is that she does not dictate to me what I must do about any situation, but instead she actually discusses my health with me. She allows me to have ideas about my own health care and she tells me what she honestly thinks. She is extremely knowledgeable about many areas of health care that most doctors are not, such as dietary habits, sleep patterns, hormonal issues, exercise, etc. I have been seeing Dr. Allen a couple of times a year for the last 5 years and I highly recommend her.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Teresa D Allen - Posted on January 11th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Baptist Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFIT CENTER, 7047 Halcyon Park Dr, Montgomery, AL
Dr. Teresa D Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Montgomery, AL.