Dr. Teresa M Erb Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Teresa M Erb?

Run another direction.

Ivf is the most stressful thing I have ever been through in my entire life. First of all going to someone for help in itself and learning your the one with the problem is heart wrenching, then being told that you can’t have a career and have a baby because even though you return calls after they call you the simple fact that you don’t answer when they call shows that your not in this appearantly. I told this office when I started I had a concern of my career and trying to do ivf. I understand you can’t schedule it so to speak because your body does what it does and reacts how it will however this should also be considered vice versa. I have a break in the am patients till lunch and a break in the afternoon and patients till 430. This is not ok with this physician and shows a ‘lack of commitment’. Also, don’t question anything she says or there again your a “high risk”. They pushed genetic counseling on us although we didn’t care to have it because to us with prior children and no prior issues we didn’t see a need for it. After being told we had to we did first my husband then I after he came back with the most ‘lowest risk’ genetic problem a biotene deficiency which after talking with the genetic counselor (the day she insisted we did) also said there was no reason to worry as we may be a carry but our child wouldn’t inherit this problem as there are different stages and we were both lowest risk. And for me to inform the doctor of this and that she too would let her know it wasn’t necessary to speak with One but we did anyway. However spent money for that as well. Took time off work, husband and I went to every appointment and followed every rule given. We also spent money on hotels every appointment as we were traveling out of town, gas food etc. I appearantly over communicated (according to her) in the business portal too much information and told them on two separate occasions if they couldn’t reach me they could reach my husband thinking that would be better than my voicemail, appearantly also a big no no. She puts me on a untypical protocol than normal. Fine. The one and only problem I had the entire time is my blood pressure gets higher every day I take another injection and I start feeling worse everyday. Instead of saying hey come in and let’s check you out her nurse states that there has never been any symptoms like these documented and that’s not the issue it must be viral and should you have any further issues seek a er. So after gradually throughout the day getting worse I get off work and husband takes me to er. They run everything under the sun other than ultrasound or hormones and tell me I’m fine other than a very high bp for the first time in my life and that it’s probably a ‘adverse effect of the medication’. That I need to follow up care with my fertility doctor. So the office being closed I leave this info on the portal again and of course she calls my husband after she can’t reach me this am cause I’m with patients chews him out and threatens to ‘dismiss me from her practice’. I’m sorry? Seriously? How about some compassion?! My emotions have been all over the place for two months now. I’ve been in two different medications had no problems with the first, I do with the second. I’ve followed all your instructions, your telling me that if I’m not pregnant soon I ‘miss my window of opportunity cause y’all shut down for Christmas on dec 14th’ and that I ‘may have to wait till next year’ so I’m stressed out there, fighting with my insurance company cause your office also failed to note on my preauthorization form that I had fertility issues other than my tubes being tied and needed ivf anyway - none of this my fault - not my fault my body doesn’t like this medication, not my fault I have my hands literally in a patients mouth cause I didn’t know you were calling me and I have to answer a phone, not my fault that I shouldn’t write in the portal certain things, and sure not my fault that you couldn’t just ask me to come in and check me out so I go to a er. Also not my fault that you no longer want me as a patient in your office because I’m not a stay at home Mom who can answer a phone 24/7 and you don’t like it when I ask you questions and you make a incorrect statement about my commitment and communication so I correct you. If I make all of my appointments on time way early in fact and I am constantly communicating and your getting paid there is no reason to be rude. Especially when you know I’m gonna be devastated when you cancel my appointment instead of trying a different medication when this is my last opportunity to get pregnant this year. Your a IVF doctor. You should understand that every woman in that office is trying there best to succeed with their appt and time in your presence, also understand as a physician that not everyone is going to be able to take every medication. That simply switching as person to a different medication instead of canceling their appointment and dismissing them from your practice isn’t necessarily the right thing to do. I’ve been in the medical field in medical and dental both since 1998. I have had patients who had reactions to medications they been taking for years and reactions to medications I’ve never had anyone else have a reaction too. I also know every patient is different and I also know that no one knows their body better than the patient sitting in front of you. There was another way to handle this and the way you’ve handled it was wrong and uncalled for.

Words cannot express my gratitude

After reading a few online reviews I almost did not see Dr. Erb, but I am so glad I did. I have a beautiful baby now after years of infertility and words cannot express my gratitude to her. She was knowledgeable, caring, and calm when I was at my weakest point. Thank You Dr. Erb!

Super knowledgeable

Dr. Erb is an amazing doctor and we would highly recommend her to any infertility patients. She helped us finally achieve our goal and we could not be happier with our new baby!

Wonderful doctor, wonderful facility.

Dr Erb and entire RHS team helped us through our 3 year struggle with infertility. Not only do I have a beautiful boy because of them, but another baby the way! Can't thank them enough.

Dr. Erb seemed very knowledegable, explained things to me in a way that was easy to understand, and also had a calming bedside manner. I trust her and would recommend her to anyone that is struggling with infertility.

Patient

I visited Dr. Erb to discuss the egg freezing process at the RHS office in Penn Hills. Although she is very knowlegeable in this process and RHS's process, she did not have a concern whatsoever about me as the patient during the consult and what my situation was financially, personally or emotionally. She said, "every women should do it who hasn't met the right guy yet." She took a very presumptive approach which I did not appreciate it. She went through the whole process very quickly and when I was trying to take notes or ask follow up questions she said, "don't worry about that now." It felt very impersonal and as if she was only in that part of the practice for the money. I would suggest you do not visit her for fertility options and find another provider. Horrible "bedside manner."

Well worth the wait! Dr. Erb was always well prepared, took her time to listen to our concerns and explain our options. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family!

Inexperienced

Inexperianced and unable to answer my questions.She has an extreme lack of confidence in her abilities.Her bedside manner is aweful.Pick another physician!