More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Teresa A Hospers
Dr. Teresa A Hospers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Hospers is affiliated with Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and Northeast Baptist Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Teresa A Hospers has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Holter monitoring
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr hospers is the best doctor in every aspect. She has seen my son for 4 years now. She always makes you feel like you are her only patient. The time she spends with you and the concern she has that you understand everything is unlike any other. When my son was at his worst dr hospers was off due to her husbands surgery I didn't care for the dr taking her place. I called the office let them know she personnally called me back and reassured me she was in contact with all 5 other specialist on his case thru out the day. She explained everything to me and made sure I had the number to get ahold of her at any time. I don't think I'd made it thru and looked strong when my son looked at me for his strength with out her!
Dr. Hospers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Teresa A Hospers accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Orthopedic Associates, 4499 Medical Dr Ste 235, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Teresa A Hospers in this video.
Dr. Teresa A Hospers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.