Dr. Teresa M Luhrs Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Teresa M Luhrs?

Dr. Luhrs is a great OBGYN. She's very good at explaining issues in a manner that is easy to comprehend. I'm very pleased with care given over the past 16 years.

Not friendly, pregnant again and will not go back

Dr. Luhrs, as others have stated, is not a doctor who makes you feel comfortable and cared for. At appointments, she made me feel like I was inconveniencing her, and left me doubting her care about her patients. I won't be back this second time around. One of her partners, Dr. Holliman, actually delivered my child, and while I initially thought she was more personable than Dr. Luhrs, she too, ended up being callous during delivery, and very eager to pump me with pitocin even though I was progressing quickly on my own. Thank goodness she at least was competent enough to notice my progression last minute, but the ordeal was stressful nonetheless. When seeing Dr. Luhrs, you have a chance of any practioner within the group actually delivering your child when the time comes, so I thought I would give warning about Holliman as well.

I delivered my first son with this doctor. Her bed side manner was aweful. She was always in a rush and wouldn't ask if I had any questions. When my water broke I called the answering at 11pm. I went straight to the hospital where I was told didn't have any beds and they did not believe me that my water broke(I was standing there with a towel between my legs in my husbands jogging pants, duh..) They finally took me back and checked and confirmed that yes my water did break they checked my sons heart rate. It bottomed out and they rushed me to a room. They kept telling me that my doctor was at home and wouln't come until it was time to push..I got my epidural which did not work, they pumped my back three times with that stuff. I tried to inform them that I had scoliosis and it wouldn't take, Ended up with a wet tap later. Dr. Luhrs came in, knew I wasn't numb, had to cut me, I screamed, felt everything. She literaly destroyed my bottom area and have problems ever since. She is not patient friendly and I would not recommend her to anyone.

terrible bedside manner- broke confidentiality by constantly telling stories about other patients and using their names

My experience with Dr. Luhrs was wonderful for the most part. The only bad thing I can say is she doesn't have the best sense of humor and she takes forever but hey what doctor doesn't? She does what is absolutely best for your expectant little one, my delivery as far as pushing my daughter out was as pain free as I could imagine, I didn't even feel her cut or sew me back up she was so gentle and the healing process was extremely fast! Also, she has the best staff there is. Her head nurse 'Koren' is my angel, I love her to death and still call her if I have any problems whether it's female related or not and she always takes care of me.

Long time patient

I have been seeing Dr.Lurhs for 15 years. She has delivered all 3 of my children. She is the best in Macon, Ga. I drive from Perry, Ga. and I would drive from any where to see her. I plan on my girls seeing her and I hope she will deliver my grandchildren one day.

Don't go if you have Medicaid...

Please just reconsider going to Dr. Luhrs if you have some sort of government funded health insurance...

Exception OB/GYN

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Luhrs during my daughter's pregnancy who developed a few problems along the way. Although Dr. Holliman was her primary physician any time Dr. Luhrs had to see my daughter she took the time to evalute her medical records and ask her questions. Everyone in this office treats their patience with respect and kindness and make you feel that you are extremely important to them. I would recommend them to anyone.