More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Teresita L Melocoton has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
this is by far worst doctor office to visit, they stack appointment on top of each other as i waited i asked a other person there what time was there appointment and she said 430 same time as mine and the office has 1 doctor with a staff of around 15 walking around, i finally was able to see doctor after 2 hours waiting!!!!
This is the worse doctor I have ever been to! The wait time is forever but I don't mind the waiting as long as she's good to my children. I took my daughter and my son there because they have been having congestion for almost 1 month. I was trying to tell her the story and my complaints but she didn't bother to listen and seemed like she was in a rush. She saw my daughter first and she was suppose to get her 4mos shot but she was worried because of her congestion. I understand why she wouldn't give her the shots and I agreed but she didn't even bother to look at my daughter's nose and see what's really going on. She stared at her while laying on the examine bed for like 1 sec and said "yes it's green I'll give you antibiotics" for me i didn't even see green it looked white to me. So then she was asking for my pharmacy and both of my babies started to cry and i tried to comfort them so they can stop so we can get done (of course they're gonna cry they're at the doctors) she started to snap her fingers at me to get my attention and sayin "mom mom pharmacy? pharmacy?" like really? what kind of doctor does that ? ugh! switching doctors now! PLEASE PLEASE do not go to her if you don't want you children to get mistreated!
This is the worst medical experience I've ever had. Dr. M's staff is rude and not proficient in the English language. The wait to get in is always at least an hour, even if you're the first appointment of the day. There are not separate waiting areas for sick and well patients. The waiting room is always FILLED and really, really warm. Additionally, once, my appt was cancelled without any prior notice because the office was closed for training. No one called to reschedule. I would avoid this doctor. Although she herself is fine, she doesn't spend time with patients, and I always felt very rushed when I had questions.
Dr. Melocoton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1978
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Teresita L Melocoton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN Bien Southern NV
- Health Plan of NV HMO Southern NV
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTeresita Lu Melocoton Md, 3100 W Charleston Blvd Ste 210, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Teresita L Melocoton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.