Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terrence W Dempsey has the following 1 specialty
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
Showing 5 of 8
I went into Munster Community just before Memorial Day thinking I had a severe case of the flu, but was diagnosed with diverticulitis. I was in the hospital for just under two weeks because my temp and infection was hard to bring under control. After I was released I went downhill once the antibiotics ran out and had to be readmitted on the 27th of July. That Saturday afternoon Dr. Dempsey came in and pretty much laid it on the line, surgery the next day because not only was my colon more inflamed than before but I also had perforations, so it was bad! I went in on Sunday morning and one funny comment the nurses said in pre-op was that he had called and was "7 minutes out" from the hospital. I had a mental image of him flying in a MASH chopper! After surgery he came to talk to me about what had been done and explained it all to me quite well. I do have an almost zero tolerance for pain now and that has been the toughest part for me. But Dr. Dempsey listened to all my questions and answered them all. If I ever have to have surgery again in the future, hopefully not, but if I do, he is the only one I will let take a knife to me.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dempsey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Terrence W Dempsey accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLake Surgical Associates, 10110 Don S Powers Dr Ste 202, Munster, IN
Dr. Terrence W Dempsey is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Munster, IN.