Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terrence P Obrien has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Terrence P Obrien has the following 24 expertise
- Corneal Ulcer
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Eye Exam
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Lasik Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Corneal Transplantation
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Viral Eye Infections
- Corneal Diseases
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Fungal eye infections
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 9
I went to Dr Obrien for Lasik. The experience was mediocre, but the wait times were extraordinary. My average wait time was 2.5-3.5 hours for appointments. I realized this after paying $5000 for the procedure and the follow-ups, so I was a bit stuck. My vision is not 100% either. I still need glasses. So overall, I would have to say 2 big thumbs down!
I had seenmany ophthalmologists each one having different treatments but I kept getting worse finally they referred me to dr o'briem. He knew whAt to do right away. He stopped the problem from Worsening and stabilized my problem. Eventually he operated , a cornea transplant and 13 years later I am fine. He is friendly, he cares, and is well worth waiting for if you have to wait.
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Terrence P Obrien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBascom Palmer Eye Institute, 7101 Fairway Dr, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Terrence P Obrien in this video.
Dr. Terrence P Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Beach Gardens, FL.