Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terri F Remy
Dr. Terri F Remy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, VA, with another office in Falls Church, VA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Remy is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center. Dr. Remy has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Terri F Remy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 26
Started out seemingly competent, then not so much. Told me my rare disease was "anxiety", and my other disease POTS was something she had never heard of (my eye doctor even knows what it is)! Was also diagnosed with a rare connective disease disorder that she was very flippant and dismissive about. She also diagnosed me with Celiac which was later disproven, but until it was I had to eat gluten free for four years! She may have felt intimidated by the top expert doctor who diagnosed me, I don't know. She may be fine for minor things, but nothing complicated.
Absolutely first rate! Dr. Remy has been my physician for 20 years. Caring and kind, technically current and proficient in 21st century medicine, and with a new office kitted out with modern medical devices and office automation. She takes her time with me, carefully questioning and discussing health issues, in preparation for an informed diagnosis. She is careful and deliberate in prescribing treatment and medications. An excellent doctor and I recommend her without reservation.
No words can describe what an asset Dr. Terri Remy is to the medical community. Genuine, intuitive, intelligent, kind, there just are not enough superlatives. Her skills as a dignostician are superb while her gentle bedside manner is just awe-inspiring. I have been a nurse for over ten years and have worked with many physicians. Dr. Terri Remy is the true epitome of what doctors practice to accomplish, not only in their career; but also in the art of human service.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2015, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Remy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1989
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Terri F Remy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Terri F Remy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.