Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terry D Anderson
Dr. Terry D Anderson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, MO, with another office in Overland Park, KS. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Saint Luke's North Hospital Hospital Ear, Nose and Throat Center and St Marys Medical Center Of Blue Springs. Dr. Anderson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Terry D Anderson has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Terry D Anderson has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Terry D Anderson has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Terry D Anderson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr Anderson created a 1 inch gash in the back of my throat administering anesthesia. He failed to report this to me in the recovery room. I could not understand why my throat hurt so badly. I complained of throat pain while in recovery, but no one looked at my throat nor told me of the one inch gash. In my opinion, he had to have known that he injured me, yet he failed to tell anyone about it. I discovered the gash a few hours after I got home when I experienced incredible throat pain while attempting to eat and swallow pieces of an apple.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Terry D Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Terry D Anderson in this video.
Dr. Terry D Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.