Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terry D Friedman
Dr. Terry D Friedman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cherry Hill, NJ. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Friedman is affiliated with Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center. Dr. Friedman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Terry D Friedman has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Terry D Friedman has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Hives (Urticaria)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Terry D Friedman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I felt a strong trust for Dr. Friedman. After all, I wouldn't trust my heart to just anybody.He is straight, thorough, and makes you feel comfortable even under stress. No one feels excited to be in a cardiology office. Dr. Friedman makes the best of an anxious situation, and you can sense the true caring.
Dr. Friedman was excellent at diagnosing my husband's heart condition. He is a skilled, knowlegable, and caring physician. He promptly made arrangements for my husband to be treated at the hospital. He spends time with us to make sure we thoroughly understand all treatments and proceedures. He has excellent followup and shows much concern and compassion. We are blessed to have him as our doctor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Friedman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Terry D Friedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPENN Cardiology Associates, 1400 Marlton Pike E, Cherry Hill, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Terry D Friedman in this video.
Dr. Terry D Friedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.