Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terry L Hanusa has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 22
Dr Hanusa is extremely knows almost everything about which drugs to prescribe. He is a wonderful man and over 20 years I have found him to be extremely helpful. However if you don't do exactly what he likes or tells you to do,he might be done with you. These are things I do not understand I imagine I never will seems a little odd to me that a Dr who is paid alot to both listen and give feedback refuse to? He is wonderful in an a crisis situation and will get back to very soon I appreciate all the time he has given to me and not hesitate to refer him to others
This is a kind and proactive Doctor. I suffer from severe panic disorder and agorophobia. For several years he really helped me in my struggle. Then during the last two years he seemed to be less than concerned. In 2013 I repeatedly mentioned that I was so overwhelmingly beset by panic attacks and stress at work that I need to be placed on Ordinary Disabilty. He opted not to place me on Ordinary Disability and was laid off a month later and my 27. 5 year career was ruined.
37 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Terry L Hanusa accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates In Psychiatric Medicine, 1500 Waukegan Rd Ste 213, Glenview, IL
Dr. Terry L Hanusa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenview, IL.