Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terry L Mccaskill has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Terry L Mccaskill has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Terry L Mccaskill has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Terry L Mccaskill is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
My wife was seen by her about an ultrasound exam that turned up a polyp (cancer, noncancerous!?!) She would not listen to my wife because she wanted a full hysterectomy due to cancer on both sides of her family with the women and all women having full hysterectomies. Dr. M would not listen to my wife. at the appointment yesterday, she said my wife was fat, without actually coming out and saying it. my wife has had 3 kids AND had her L4 and L5 disc removed and she also has degenerative disc disease in her back and has debilitating pain in her back due to a Dr. not diagnosing her correctly and causing her more pain. But Dr. M has no compassion which is a foremost aspect for being a Dr. due to her mobility issues, she can't exercise in a way that will help with her weight. I know, I live with her and she's in pain and was told by the back surgeon to NOT have any more surgeries. Dr. M only says what's she's going to do, and you the patient have no say. I honestly think she sizes up a patient, then comes to her neglectful and bias opinion about a particular patient. I was present in the room for my wife's appointments, glad I was because, I saw Dr. M's demeanor and lack of empathy for my wife. If a Dr. who is lacking in sympathy nor listens to her patients is your cup of tea, then by all means book an appointment today!
First of all.... for the first visit as a new patient it cost me over $ 500 to see the( nurse), after the visit no follow up call and very rude office manager / receptionist who threatened to hang up on me... When I called yesterday due to a severe pain issue, the receptionist said the nurse would call me back and never did. In closing the office of Dr McCaskill is very expensive and very unprofessional and I would not even rate it one star if this format would let me.
Window kept closed by receptionist. There is never a friendly greeting. Dr. McCaskill was always cold and hostile. Asking many questions about what vitamins when I was cold and naked (with only a hospital gown on. Always trumping anything I said as unworthy. I hated going there. Her staff is also rude and unfriendly. They order you to put the gown on...rather than request.
I've been seeing Dr. McCaskill for about 10 years and have never had an issue with her. I was actually shocked with bad reviews and felt compelled to write one myself to off set these. Dr. McCaskill performed two surgeries on me, my tubal and a hydro-oblation and both went very well. You could not ask for a more skilled and knowledgeable doctor.
I have a 14 year old daughter that was having heavy, painful periods and did not want her to see my gynecologist who is a male and was referred to Dr McCaskill by a friend. The staff was wonderful, polite and professional. Dr McCaskill took as much time as we needed, explained all our options and was very helpful and kind. I ended up bringing my daughter back for a 3 month birth control check, and it was found that the birth control was causing her blood pressure to rise (thanks for the 3 mo follow up that they scheduled) we then changed to something else. I felt this office was truly invested in my daughters well being. I even ended up switching to this office for my gynecology visits. Would recommend to all my friends.
37 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Medical Center Of Southern Nevada
Dr. Terry L Mccaskill accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNevada Center For Dermatology, 6512 S McCarran Blvd Ste D, Reno, NV
Dr. Terry L Mccaskill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.