Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Terry I Meriden has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Growth Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Nutrition Disorders
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 37
After years of frustration with an endo dr in Bloomington I found Dr. Meriden in Peoria. I found him to be more thorough in my first visit than all my visits combined with old dr. He is personable, knowledgeable, had the patience to listen to all of my complaints and symptoms. He was the first dr to actually do a scan of my thyroid and found it to be inflammed and full of nodules. No wonder I feel horrible. I feel very confident in his care and finally feel like someone is taking me seriously. Make that drive from Bloomington to Peoria folks it is well worth it and so is your health. Oh, and the girls in the office are really nice as well! something I was not used to.
After I lost all hope from a rare disease that I had I came to Dr Meriden for consultation. After ordering few tests he told me that if I took the medication, I will live a normal life. For the past 5 years ,I could not feel better. His bed side manner, his reassuring voice and treatment were great. Thank you doctor Meriden
this is a very empethetic and highly skilled doctor who keeps at it till he finds what is wrong.Very compassionate and considerate. I feel very comfortable asking questions and he keeps explaining till i fully understand. He never makes me feel like Iam waisting his time. He is really a role model for other doctorss.He is very brilliant and inteligent.. what is more important is that he is very compassionate and empathetic. We have a mantra in our home....Have you called Dr Meriden?? His staff are outstanding. His manager Lori and office assistant Monica are second to non. His receptionist Laura is wonderful and helpfull. My insurance paid all his bill except $35. I recommend him to anyone.
I really don't want to brag ,but Dr Meriden is the best.I recommend any one to see him.His caring manner,his knowledge,his passion,his office staff are only the best. I went to see him for my thyroid.I was tired all the time .So difficult to move.He saved my life.I see 3 other docs before him. They told me it is in my head. Dr Meriden found my thyroid cancer. Iam cured 3 years later. His staff would call me periodically to check on me . He personally called after my procedure and came to see me soon after surgery.You have to experience it to believe it. The insurance paid every penny.
Dr. Meriden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Terry I Meriden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral Illinois Diabetes Thyroid And Metabolism In, 900 Main St Ste 300, Peoria, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Terry I Meriden in this video.
Dr. Terry I Meriden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.