Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leonard T Pynes has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Very warm and friendly people. I got in for an appt. in the same week I phoned the office. Dr .Pynes and his staff are wonderful. The atmosphere there is very comfortable and professional and I was very pleased. I recommend their services to anyone seeking dermatology services in the whitefish area. They even assisted me in finding my new insurance card information which I had not gotten a card for in the mail yet. I have not experienced that kind of help at any health facility I have been to before. Thanks so much Whitefish Dermatology!
Dr. Pynes was able to get me in within 2 days of calling. The Doctor that I had been seeing wouldn't see me for 3 months even when I complained that I had a suspicious spot that I feared with cancer. I got in, saw Dr. Pynes, he removed the spot, had it analyzed and followed up with me. Also, he's a nice guy who answered all my questions politely and with patience.
Didn't even see a Dr. or a real Nurse Practitioner, but some PA... Insurance department is rude and bills pile up for things from places outside Dothan you've never heard of and they won't hesitate to turn you over for collections if you question it. Nightmare to get insurance to pay for simple procedures like mole removals. Stay away!!!!
40 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Dr. Leonard T Pynes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestwood Day Spa, 2431 W Main St Ste 501, Dothan, AL
Dr. Leonard T Pynes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dothan, AL.