Dr. Terry Rifkin Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Terry Rifkin?

Former patient

Posted on August 25th, 2016

Dr. Rifkin was my ob/gyn for my first pregnancy. He was always rushed and rough during my exams and following many of my visits I would be in pain for several days afterwards. I suffered with debilitating cramps in my calves making it hard to walk and it wasn't until my second pregnancy with Another ob/gyn that I was informed that a banana a day would easily resolve that issue. During the last month of my pregnancy I called Dr. Rifkins office to alert them that I was having concerns about lack of any movement which was very unusual. Upon arriving at his office I was left in an exam room for the longest forty minutes, waiting for someone to do an ultrasound! My delivery should have been a better experience and memory. In my opinion Dr Rifkin was an indifferent and cold doctor.

Disgusted!

Posted on September 30th, 2015

After being referred to this practice by 2 close friends I have high expectations but unfortuantely a good experience is the last thing i can say about this practice. I am beyond disgusted with everyone in this office! Never have I seen a doctor screw up so much important information in my life. They refer you to doctor after doctor for test after test that isnt necessary at all! Not to mention NO CALL BACK from any doctor after I called the emergency line over a weekend. APPALLING! The "managers" are rude and NOT helpful at all. The patients best interest is definitely not how this office is operated! Glad its still early enough in my pregnancy to go to a different, more reliable practice!

ok and nice

Posted on June 21st, 2013

Please think twice before using this Dr. I suffered an awful painful miscarriage 15 weeks into my pregnancy last night, only 8 hours after seeing the Dr. Rifkin who assured me after a 2 minute visit that everything was fine. i drove 1.5 hours in heavy traffic for this concerned visit and he said I should just get some rest and relax. No in depth medical exam. I told him I was bleeding and cramping and his response was that 50% of women bleed and the cramps are probably just stretching ligaments and to chill out. But what about the women who bleed abnormally second trimester? Fortunately I read how dangerous my symptoms were online and rushed to ER. My water broke along the way (to LIJ) whose hospital staff was amazing and incredible. I was in unbearable pain and they took me immediately. The staff at Dr. Rifkin is very nice but I suggest you look elsewhere. Had I truly "rested and relaxed", my water would have broke at home and an ambulance would have had to take me to ER. The entire staff is nice and cooperative, just not high risk. The do the basics; heartbeat and sono. Don't expect much else.

Best Dr!

Posted on June 10th, 2013

Dr Rifkin is kind and brilliant. His calm demeanor was so helpful during each of my pregnancies. I delivered my first child in a Manhattan hospital and a C-section was performed. Dr Rifkin successfully delivered my 3 other children vaginally. I am so glad that I listened to a friend who recommended that I switch to Dr. Rifkin - he is one of the few Drs on Long Island that will give patients the chance to deliver vaginally after having a C-section. I adore Dr. Rifkin!

very very disappointed

Posted on February 16th, 2013

my daughter was having twins and was suppose to be high risk. This group of doctors never took the right steps in doing so. She lost her twins at 5 months. Her twenty week check up was the worst experience she had. Dr. Rifkin was on call that evening she lost her babies. When she had to deliver her babies he came in after the first one was delivered and then he had to deliver the second one . He said she was cleared. Well six weeks later we go to the office he prescribe her pills to bring down her period without checking her . Partial placenta was left inside her. Never check her the head nurse gave them to her. My daughter did not take them and we went somewhere else and thank God she could of hemorrhage . We were so upset. I would not call this group high Risk. High risk means High Risk !!!!! There is so much more and it sad to say when you go to there office no joking and take your patients serious especially when your high Risk. Know your patients.!!!!!! Lost baby girl and boy...never seen my daughter even after her lost sends in a nurse. I hoped they learned from that because we did. Good luck everyone.

Long waits; insurance scam

Posted on May 14th, 2012

I had to wait over an hour each time I scheduled an appointment to see him. His office staff is also very incompetent. They sent my amnio test to a lab which did not accept my insyrance (GHI). I got stuck paying several hundred dollars for the test. If you get an amnio test, make sure they send it to a lab that accepts your insyrance. Otherwise, you'll be getting a bill a month or two later and Dr. Rifkin's office will do nothing to help you out.

Posted on March 16th, 2012

He is the best he delivery all three of my children

Posted on March 17th, 2011

I love Dr Rifkin!!

Not satisfied

Posted on March 14th, 2011

This doctor came highly recommended, with glowing reviews all over the place. I'm not quite sure what everyone was so happy about. Yes, he is friendly and warm. However, in all of the OB appointments I have had with him, I have never, including the initial appointment, spent more than 15 minutes with him. Most appointments were 3-5 minutes - literally. In the majority of appointments, he asked me how I was feeling, checked the heart rate, and that's it. He was so busy taking notes on his electronic medical record that he barely looked at me when I was asking questions (which I didn't do very much because he never answered them and didn't seem to want to be bothered by them). His general attitude seemed to be "trust me, I'm the doctor and everything is fine." He wanted to give me iron pills for fatigue without checking my blood first. After I insisted 3 times, the nurse finally agreed. Well, I didn't need the iron after all. He has been dismissive of my concerns and symptoms, and basically just told me to follow up with my internist (who took 10 tubes of blood and looked into many things). The office staff is pleasant and efficient. The doctor does return calls. I felt like one of the 1000's of patients they see, and that I was merely a number to them. After 6 months, the doctor didn't even recognize me in the hallway. I just don't feel he takes enough time or pays enough attention. There were some potential big issues with my pregnancy and he didn't pursue looking into any of them. Nice guy, but not for me.

Posted on May 26th, 2010

WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN!

Didnt appreciate the lack of information

Posted on May 15th, 2010

Went into a procedure a while back but just getting up the guts to write something. I thought he would do what was right but he didn't. What he did wasnt illegal but in my opinion it was not safe.I suffer from heavy periods. Instead of a hysterectomy he said i should get an ablation to burn my uterus' lining. I did this but I thought he should have a biopsy first to make sure that there wasnt cancer. He told me outside of the operating room that he would do a d&c first then do the ablation but he would not wait for the result because it takes too much time or because they don't do them at his surgicenter. If my cells turn out to be early cancer there will be no way to stage my cancer because the ablation will destroy the uterine lining. Im terribly afraid. Even if the report comes back as borderline I am afraid that the pathologist will make it seem more benign just to protect the doctor.this was bad. He should have given me the safer option and explained all of this in his office and not put pressure on me right before the surgery to do both in one sitting.don't get me wrong. he did nothing illegal he just took a shortcut with my healthcare.Im nervous.ask all of your questions in the office and know what procedure is being done BEFORE you arrive at the operating room. It will be too easy to give in and say "just do it because I'm here already."Good luckThank you DOCTOR!

Wonderful OBGYN

Posted on November 6th, 2009

Dr Rifkin is awesome. He is professional and caring. He makes you feel comfortable and spends enough time with you explaining everything.