The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terrence L Thompson MD
Dr. Terrence L Thompson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with other offices in Memphis, TN and Southaven, MS . He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Therapeutic Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Terrence L Thompson has 3 locations
5791 Summer Trees Dr
Memphis, TN 38134
Dr. Terrence L Thompson has the following 3 specialties
- Therapeutic Radiology
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Terrence L Thompson has the following 7 expertise
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Dialysis Access Surgery
46 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Terrence L Thompson Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Terrence L Thompson's office for more information.
5959 Park Ave Memphis, TN : (901) 765-3213
5791 Summer Trees Dr Memphis, TN 38134
7420 Guthrie Dr N Southaven, MS : (662) 349-4321
Locations & Directions
Dr. Terrence L Thompson is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Memphis, TN.