Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Terry W Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Eye Infections
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Family Planning
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alternative Medicine
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Nutritional Support
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 47
I've followed Dr. Smith from practice to practice because I really appreciate his knowledge of nutrition. With his first practice in the Erlanger building, there were some issues with his staff letting results and follow-up calls slip through the cracks. When he moved to the office on Gunbarrel, this improved some. He disappeared from practice for several months and then reappeared at his current location on McCallie. However, the quality of his practice seems to have suffered, which is a shame. The office is now "occupational medicine", which implies a lot of pre-employment exams and maybe even some Work Comp cases. I'm not sure. But the focus no longer seems to be on "wellness", which is one of the things that Dr. Smith was so great at. The final straw for me in my decision to look elsewhere for a provider is that once again, test results are difficult to come by. I've tried for over a month to get my results, and even after multiple calls to the office, have not had success. It's a shame. If you are looking for the genuine and efficient care that this doctor used to provide, I'd suggest you look elsewhere for a new provider.
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Terry Smith for about 30 years. Jerry recently passed but I credit Dr. Smith with adding at least 10 quality years onto his lifespan. He died with end stage dermatamyocitis ( a rare form of MD) Dr. Smith's wholistic approach surpasses the traditional approach of just treating the symptoms. He treats mind and body together, looking for endocrine and metabolic disorders that might be treatable with dietary adjustments or high quality dietary supplements. I might say that additionally, Dr. Smith worked as a pharmacist for some time before becoming a Dr. of medicine, so he has the best knowledge of both disciplines. To our Dr., our friend, we love and appreciate you.
Like the others he does spend a good amount of time with you which is really refreshing = he cares. He is all about diagnostics which results in some folks likely thinking they deserve call backs for tests but need to realize it is to establish baselines and trends. He is a holistic guy taking the approach of dietary needs affecting many issues which is refreshing. Note- he is not a pain clinic so disregard other reviews. Lastly this is the new age of big business patient per hour metrics and he doesn't fit in it......refreshing. Hope that helps.
Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Francis Hospital
Terry W Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTerry W Smith Md, 6237 Vance Rd Ste 3, Chattanooga, TN
Terry W Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.