Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Terry Winkler
Dr. Terry Winkler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MO, with another office in Springfield, MO. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Winkler is affiliated with Cox Medical Center and Cox-Monett Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Terry Winkler has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
Showing 4 of 4
I am wondering why doctors specializing in another field are listing Psychiatry as an add on. I want only a highly trained psychiatrist treating me. Where have these doctors received their training? Can they do therapy? I feel like my problems are complex and am very skeptical about selecting a physical rehabilitation doctor to deal with mental illness.
Dr. Winkler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cox Medical Center
25 Years Experience
Louisiana State University at Shreveport
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Terry Winkler accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Terry Winkler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.