Dr. Tessa Cigler Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Tessa Cigler?

Life saver

Posted on November 2nd, 2017

How do I rate someone who saved my life? Feel crazy even completing this

Terrible doctor. Incompetent. Run.

Posted on December 25th, 2016

Addendum to January 25, 2015

Posted on April 10th, 2015

I sought a second opinion with a medical oncologist at different Medical Oncology Association in NYC. First three sentences: "Great pathology. Great OncotypeDX results. Chemotherapy is not a necessary treatment." Cancer causes us to feel vulnerable. How many women have been told they need chemotherapy and are receiving treatment unnecessarily because they did not seek a second opinion?

FIND A NEW ONCOLOGIST!!!!!

Posted on January 25th, 2015

She is horrible. Instead of checking her appointment schedule, she called me on a Friday afternoon after 5:00 pm, spent approximately 2.5 minutes on the phone with me telling me how complicated my case is and highly recommends chemotherapy. What doctor does this? WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS NOT MEDICAL CASES. She displayed absolutely no empathy, neither during my initial appointment nor on the phone. She was perplexed, when I questioned her motives to call at such a late hour before the weekend and could not understand that such news should have been presented to me in her office.

Posted on February 26th, 2014

She is textbook. No differential for age. She tells you to google!!!!Find another doctor.

Posted on January 8th, 2012

I am an older patient and I like her but I think she works best with younger patients. She will answer your questions but never elaborates or gives details - you have to ask. Its hard to get a clear answer. I think she tries to make your prognosis seem better than it really is and sometime you just want her honest opinion based on her education and experience (and gut feeling).

Posted on December 7th, 2011

I overheard talking bad about one of her patients. she had no professional manners of a caring physician

Excellent Doctor

Posted on June 22nd, 2011

Over the course of my cancer treatment, I met with numerous doctors at Weil, Sloan Kettering, and Beth Israel. Dr. Cigler was far and away the most competent, intelligent, caring, and knowledgable doctor I encountered. She's is very direct but gentle, is never dismissive of my concerns, and actually picks up the telephone! I was shocked to see the low rating for her bedside manner. In my opinion, it is very misleading, and I would hate for someone to decide against meeting with her based on a lone review.She is also part of an excellent group of doctors, including Ann Moore (who unfortunately doesn't many insurances, or maybe any at all). They have a world class team there. I would also highly recommend her to younger women with breast cancer, as she is on the younger side herself and seems to be attuned to our particular needs.

Posted on November 2nd, 2017