Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tessie Tharakan
Dr. Tessie Tharakan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jamaica, NY. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Tharakan is affiliated with Elmhurst Hospital Center, Queens Hospital Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia. She speaks English.
Dr. Tessie Tharakan has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Tharakan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Queens Hospital Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Metropolitan Hospital Center
New York Downtown Hospital
North Central Bronx Hospital
Jacobi Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
35 Years Experience
All-India Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1978
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Tessie Tharakan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsQueens Hospital Center, 8268 164th St, Jamaica, NY
Dr. Tessie Tharakan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamaica, NY.