Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thai T Phan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Thai T Phan has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sleep Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Thai T Phan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Beware Dr. Phan has been injecting me with so-called Vitamin B shots in my shoulder and neck. After a billing issue arose (still unresolved), it was discovered that I had been receiving a nerve block instead something I NEVER authorized. The acupuncture procedure was lacking in skill and knowledge. Find another doctor as there is no telling what kind of care you are actually receiving here.
I have three degenerated discs in my lumbar and thoracic areas and have been dealing with acute back episodes for years. The last acute episode became a chronic episode and this time the pain never stopped. With Dr. Phan willing to explore off-label options I've found a medication that is effective, but doesn't make me sleepy or dull my love life. I've been able to have a normal life again for the first time in over a year. Tracy and Dr Phan are top-notch. Easy to talk with, very accomodating, and always bending over backwards for the pt.
I had went in to the office expecting no change in pain. I had lost hope and I was getting tired of taking all those pills that my other doctors was giving me a friend told me about Dr Phan and I was willing to give it one more shot of something new. WoW I can say that I don' t have the headaches today and I have more confidence in acuputure than I do a pill doctor.
North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAshleybrook Clinic Pa, 1321 Ashleybrook Ln, Winston Salem, NC
Dr. Thai T Phan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.