Dr. Thao Nguyen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Thao Nguyen?

Zero star

Posted on March 10th, 2017

I was referred to Dr Thao Nguyen by my gynecologist for prolapse. I felt like she rushed through my appointment and only gave me the time of the day when I choose to have surgery. I walked out of the preop not knowing what was going to occur during the surgery. During the pessary fitting I felt as though it was not the correct size and it was causing a lot of pain. Rather than adjusting the size, she automatically jumped to surgery as the only option. Not only did the surgery not work but it has been causing my bladder constant pain and I constantly have to relieve myself. My only prompt experience I have from the office is them collecting my deductible and coinsurance prior to surgery. When it turned out I had already met my deductible, it took several calls over a year later to receive the refund I was due. Overall I really regret not seeking a second opinion.

Zero star

Posted on March 10th, 2017

Posted on December 3rd, 2015

Great and friendly doctor and staffs. Strongly recommended by my family doctor

Gave my elderly mother an option of surgery as her ONLY option for something so minor.

Posted on October 1st, 2015

Clearly just wants you in and out. She is passive aggressive against her employees also. I see the way she talks to employees and patients and she is a money hog. Told me that my 86 year old mother needed surgery. How crazy! No way in the world will I make my elderly mother have surgery for something that is not serious such as frequent urination. Karma will come for the way you treat others!

Dont go.

Posted on September 7th, 2015

Just. Terrible.

The BEST!

Posted on May 25th, 2015

Exceptional provider

TERRIBLE -- ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DOCTOR!

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

This doctor was TERRIBLE. Purposely catheterized me by surprise -- meaning completely WITHOUT warning me and without my permission. As you can imagine, this hurt even worse because I tensed up horribly. When I got upset (I was actually horrified!), she told me she had to because I wouldn't have let her do it. Well, yes!!! Her diagnosis was also dismal and scary. She didn't even put all the things she told me in her report. I ended up going to Johns Hopkins for a follow up. They did all non-invasive procedures and told me I was okay -- a completely different outlook. Just terrible, terrible experience with this doctor.

Outstanding doctor

Posted on February 6th, 2015

I have urinary and pelvic problem. My husband and I are very careful about our health and doctors. Dr. Nguyen was highly recommended by my family doctor and friends. I checked her credentials which were very impressive. She was trained at some of the best schools including Johns Hopkins. I also discovered that she is one of the few truly fellowship trained and board certified urogynecologists in the DC metro area. I found her staffs to be very friendly, helpful, and polite. Dr. Nguyen was very friendly, thorough, and careful in her examination and discussion with me. She explained my medical problem in great details and offered various options ranging from "conservative" medical care to surgery. I did not feel rushed or pressured to do anything. I decided to use pessary which works. However I am not too happy with it. My friends had very good result with surgery with Dr. Nguyen. I will talk with Dr. Nguyen soon about doing surgery. I am recommending Dr. Nguyen to all of my friends. Check her out if you have urogynecologic problem.

Posted on January 31st, 2015

if your appointment is at 10, don't expect her to see you until 11! she will rush you out of the room and act like you are bothering her and youre a waste of time unless you plan on paying her for surgery. i was very displeased with this dr. very unprofessional

Wouldnt recommend her to a pet

Posted on December 12th, 2013

No follow up, no return calls, no respect for the pt. You cant get a result unless you go in and give her a copay She would not even get 1 star, but that is the minimum

Posted on November 8th, 2012

She changed my life. No more urinary problem.

Posted on July 24th, 2012

Outstanding doctor. I would highly recommend her to everyone.