Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thazin Saw has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
You can't get an appointment to see her for months, there are no sick visits you have to go to urgent care if you need help. You have to wait on your appointment day 2 hrs or more to see her then she hurries you through the whole visit. She doesn't follow up w the patient and you could never get to speak with her. I'm in the process of finding a new primary care doctor. It's been months since I've seen her and I have medical problems which are getting worst and can't see her. I have called so much that I'm stressed all my other specialist require a referral and I can't get one to see them, therefore one of my specialist who does call to see how I'm doing just gave me some inf. on a new primary care doctor because not even his office can get a hold of her. It's horrible and I feel so sick. I don't even know how my sugar is. she doesn't care about her patients as she did when she worked at LICH.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
Institute Of Medicine Mandalay
Graduated in 1990
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Thazin Saw accepts the following insurance providers.
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Specialists, 349 Henry St, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thazin Saw in this video.
Dr. Thazin Saw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.