Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Thelma S Marin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Thelma S Marin has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Thelma S Marin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Marin - Posted on October 26th, 2018
Rude and unprofessional
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Marin - Posted on July 24th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Marin - Posted on May 9th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Marin - Posted on November 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma S Marin - Posted on August 18th, 2015
The ONLY reason I went to her office was because NorthShore does not have any location in Bolingbrook. Plus, the symptoms I had that day been somewhat different from the norm. I got worried and I called the Woodridge Clinic on Friday and they got me in to see Dr. Marin in the afternoon. Dr. Marin was courteous, helpful, informative and very insightful. She gave me 3 days worth of prescription because she sounded certain that I will get the result back by Monday. When I called on Monday and spoke to _______, she said she will pass along the note to Dr. Marinâs nurse. I waited and waited and waited...by 7pm I figured theyâre already close. So, I called again today Tuesday...after 22 hours of waiting I FINALLY got my answer...Elizabeth (Dr. Marin's nurse) NEVER sent my sample to the lab. They wanted to know if I can come back and give another sample?!?!? I live an hour and 10min from them...yeah right. Besides, my sample had been compromised since Iâve already started the antibiotic. I would have been pretty satisfied and have given Dr. Marin 5 stars with my care if it werenât for this calamity.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Marin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Thelma S Marin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Thelma S Marin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Woodridge, IL.