Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas MD
Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carrollton, GA. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas has the following 12 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 6
Wound up in Hospital
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas - Posted on July 13th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas - Posted on December 31st, 2017
Rude, unprofessional, uncaring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas - Posted on August 9th, 2017
This person is everything a doctor should not be. She should not be in the profession of caring for people. Doesnt take the time to explain things and is not very knowledgeable about basic liver diseases even though she is billed as a liver specialist. If you are in the West GA area and need a gastro doc, you would be better served to see anyone but her.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas - Posted on June 19th, 2017
Find another doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas - Posted on March 9th, 2014
This doctor was worst doctor I ever have come across.. She is cold and completely uncaring ..I was faced with an unknown illness that she was not aggressive in trying to diagnose..her staff at the Newnan office was completely rude and unprofessional..I really feel bad for anyone under her care facing a serious illness..I'm happy to say I have found another doctor that has taking a caring and professional approach to my treatment..I thank the LORD everyday for finding him.
30 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas
Dr. Lucas is a graduate of University of Illinois at Urbana and University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. She completed her residency and fellowship at University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics. Prior to joining West Georgia Gastroenterology Associates in 2007, Dr. Lucas served as Medical Director of Liver Transplantation at University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and at Rush University Medical Center. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She specializes in Diseases of the Liver.
Locations & DirectionsWEST GEORGIA GASTROENTEROLOGY, 157 Clinic Ave Ste 201, Carrollton, GA
Dr. Thelma E Wiley-Lucas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Carrollton, GA.