Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III - Posted on April 6th, 2016
Find someone else
Self-verified patient of Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III - Posted on February 22nd, 2013
Best pediatrician, ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III - Posted on January 11th, 2012
Dr. Atkinson is beloved by his patients. My kids can't wait to see him and tell him everything they have done. With parents, he is clear, to the point, and compassionate. He helps parents to trouble-shoot and consistently offers excellent information. He is the "go-to" expert for developmental delays, something you want diagnosed early on. He has an eye for safety, and is concerned to ask about the presence of supportive friends and family. Every pediatrician should be so thorough. Although we had to move away to another state, my kids still talk about him, as "their doctor". Dr. Atkinson, in my opinion, is the best pediatrician, ever and ought to win numerous awards.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III, MD - Pediatrics in Hattiesburg, MS, in this video.
Dr. Theodore E Atkinson III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hattiesburg, MS.