Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Theodore A Bass
Dr. Theodore A Bass, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Jacksonville, FL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Bass is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches and Memorial Hospital & Manor. Dr. Bass has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Theodore A Bass has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Stenosis
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Pathologic Constriction
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Restenosis
Showing 5 of 5
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Bass is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1976
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Theodore A Bass accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Theodore A Bass in this video.
Dr. Theodore A Bass is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.