Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Theodore J Choma
Dr. Theodore J Choma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MO. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Theodore J Choma has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Theodore J Choma has the following 18 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Pain
- Wounds and Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Theodore J Choma has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I am from out of the area, but happen to take a serious fall. I had no choice but to go to this hospital emergency room where Dr. Choma was. Before my emergency surgery took place, the only thing he said to me is..."you did quite a bit of damage to your neck when you fell!!" That's it! Post surgery, all he said to me is..."I don't know if you will be able to walk again!!" After 6 days in the hospital, I was taken by ambulance back to my hometown. Dr. Choma did have a phone conversation with me & sent for xrays twice. He wanted me to visit his office which did not work out for me considering I couldn't drive. The surgery he performed on me had resulted in incomplete quadriplegia. I need consistent physical therapy.I have chronic pain in both arms and numbness in my hands.So, I have to live on pain meds everyday. I also have neuropathy in my left leg and foot, and my upper thigh on my right burns constantly. I cannot feel warm bath water on my lower extremities. Or get in & out of the tub. I have been informed by another physician that he cut bone out of my neck. And because my fusion was from C2-C7 I have spinal compression at C4 & C5 that are causing balance issues & muscle weakness. I now have urinary tract issues & bowel issues too. Everything I attempt to do always hurts. I need a constant caretaker. I have lost my sexuality. I can only walk with a walker, but need a wheelchair too. It was my lower back that dropped me ironically!
Dr. Choma gave me my life back. I ended up having a spinal fusion and all I can say is he gave me my life back. The numbness in my right leg and foot is almost all gone. I still have slight numbness in right foot due to my nerve being pinched for so long. But all the other discomforts I was dealing with has completely diminished. Thank you and no back pain anymore! :)
26 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Missouri Health Sciences Center, 1 Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Theodore J Choma, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Columbia, MO, in this video.
Dr. Theodore J Choma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.