Dr. Theodore J Choma Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Theodore J Choma?

Emergency Spinal Fusion

I am from out of the area, but happen to take a serious fall. I had no choice but to go to this hospital emergency room where Dr. Choma was. Before my emergency surgery took place, the only thing he said to me is..."you did quite a bit of damage to your neck when you fell!!" That's it! Post surgery, all he said to me is..."I don't know if you will be able to walk again!!" After 6 days in the hospital, I was taken by ambulance back to my hometown. Dr. Choma did have a phone conversation with me & sent for xrays twice. He wanted me to visit his office which did not work out for me considering I couldn't drive. The surgery he performed on me had resulted in incomplete quadriplegia. I need consistent physical therapy.I have chronic pain in both arms and numbness in my hands.So, I have to live on pain meds everyday. I also have neuropathy in my left leg and foot, and my upper thigh on my right burns constantly. I cannot feel warm bath water on my lower extremities. Or get in & out of the tub. I have been informed by another physician that he cut bone out of my neck. And because my fusion was from C2-C7 I have spinal compression at C4 & C5 that are causing balance issues & muscle weakness. I now have urinary tract issues & bowel issues too. Everything I attempt to do always hurts. I need a constant caretaker. I have lost my sexuality. I can only walk with a walker, but need a wheelchair too. It was my lower back that dropped me ironically!

Horrible egotistical surgeon who visited once in the 4 days I spent in the hospital after my surgery, for less than 5 minutes.

I would not recommend him he didnt even exam me just looked at the computer the whole time recommended physical therapy and when I said my insurance doesn't cover it he said well thats on you then. He was very rude.

L4-L5

Dr. Choma gave me my life back. I ended up having a spinal fusion and all I can say is he gave me my life back. The numbness in my right leg and foot is almost all gone. I still have slight numbness in right foot due to my nerve being pinched for so long. But all the other discomforts I was dealing with has completely diminished. Thank you and no back pain anymore! :)

excellent spine surgeon

This is a great physician with excellent skills and a winning manner.