Have you seen Dr. Theodore G Gourdin?

Dr. Gourdin listens and cares. He is very good about referring to another doctor when needed. I really appreciate have him as my gastro-intestinal specialist. I was able to get an appointment right away when I needed one.

It's corporate greed vs human body

Dr gourdins office from beginning to end is strictly about income. I have federal employees health insurance which paid for the procedure, but they insisted on some sort of payment up front. After insurance paid them, I was owed a refund. It was difficult to get the refund. It took over a month. The staff is rude, reciting the doldrums of procedures, while pushing papers to sign. Dr Gourdin does not allow questioning. The office "visit" was never completed in my view. He seems very impatient. He left the room in what i thought was about less than 2 minutes. I thought he was going to return and allow me the time to "consult" with him, concerning my stomach. He didnt come back in. During actual procedure, he didn't return to answer questions again! My husband asked why my ear was bleeding . The nurse didnt know and went to ask dr. He didnt check me and told nurse to put ice on it, as it was swollen to the size of a "grape"!!! When sedative wore off, both throat and ear were painful. Next day found he had crushed my ear and my uvula during procedure. Ear swelling went down, but throat was on fire. Again Dr. Gourdin didn't check me. I could not tolerate the pain so the rude nurse sent me to Dr Ironess. Dr Ironess tried to pass it off as an "infection", but his expression said otherwise..he had the look of "uh-oh". He called my ENT and gave his version. The ENT said to prescribe antibiotics. It left me unsettled, so after leaving the office i immediately drove over to see my ENT. After examination he confirmed wrongdoing. He said it was trauma to my throat from the procedure.. He gave me a cortisone shot. The uvula fell off in about a week after the trauma.

Horrible experience

I have never had a doctor be so disrespectful and blow me off the way this doctor did. I came to him because he was highly recommended but will never, ever go to him again or any other doctor in his practice for that matter. My chief compliant was severe abdominal pain on my right side. Dr. G spent about 2 minutes in the exam room with me where he chit-chatted about everything other than my pain and then ordered two very costly tests, a CT scan and colonoscopy, without even discussing other options with me. We never discussed my pain or possible causes for my pain. I had the CT scan which found no significant results but before having the colonoscopy scheduled a follow up appointment with him to discuss my symptoms further before following through with this costly test. I explained to him that financially, it would be better for me to explore other options before jumping right to the colonoscopy but he immediately began to attack me stating that if I wasn't going to agree to the colonoscopy that he basically couldn't help me. I was perfectly willing to move forward with this test but I just wanted to have a discussion about it before doing so. He immediately told me that we obviously didn't have a good "relationship" and that I should probably find another provider. I took my mother with me to this appointment thankfully and she said she was glad she went because she never would have believed how rude he was had she not seen it herself. He told me that my experience was not his fault and that I was to blame for my dissatisfaction. He never apologized for any miscommunications we may have had or said "what can we do to make this right." He basically pushed me out the door and said to go somewhere else. I will never, ever, ever recommend this physician to anyone and my entire family will go elsewhere. Charleston GI is a colonoscopy mill and the doctors are so rich and busy that they don't care about providing good care to their patients or losing them.

Awful!

I spent a total of 10 minutes tops with this doctor. Didn't even address my issues just basically pushed me off to another doctor somewhere else. Did not even give me a physical exam even though pain was a major issue then wrote a report and billed my insurance company for a complete exam and said my abdomen was soft and non tender and he never even touched me! He is supposed to be a specialist and I have never seen a doctor as rushed and felt so brushed off as he made me feel. "Acted" very friendly but never did anything!

pati

Dr. Theodore G Gourdin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.