Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Theodore Kutzy
Dr. Theodore Kutzy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with other offices in Yonkers, NY and Bronx, NY . He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. Kutzy is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center, Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division and Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division. He speaks English.
Dr. Theodore Kutzy has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
Dr. Theodore Kutzy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Kutzy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center
Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division
Montefiore Medical Center
Montefiore Medical Center - Henry & Lucy Moses Div
James J Peters Va Medical Center
12 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Theodore Kutzy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.