Have you seen Dr. Theodore B Lygas?

Highly recommend

I have been a patient of Dr. Lygas for 13 years. He has always been professional, answered all my questions, and provided excellent care. His staff is courteous and helpful. I highly recommend him .

Dr Lygas has taken care of me for over 20 years and has performed surgery on me twice. he is extremely competent

Very pleased

I was referred to Dr. Lygas by my oncologist for a second opinion of a possible complication six months after my mastectomy. He was extremely knowledgeable and very professional. His explanation of my situation was thorough and easy to understand. I thought his bedside manner was very good. He was reassuring. I was very confident of his expertise. He answered all my questions to my satisfaction. Thank you Dr. Lygas. I am happy to highly recommend you to anyone who might need your service.

Excellent

I saw Dr. Lygas as a second opinion. Originally my doctor referred me to someone in the hospital's network, but I felt just like a number there. I decided to stick with him for the remainder of my care because he gave me the care and attention I wanted. I don't really understand some of these negative reviews? Upset because you had to pay your medical bill? This is life, get better insurance. Oh, and office staff is wonderful

Highly recommend

Dr Lygas really cares about his patients. He took the time to answer all of my questions during each visit and really alleviated my fears. I would recommend him to family and friends!

Experienced, caring man.

The possibility of a breast cancer diagnosis is so scary. When my doctor referred me here I was so worried. The entire office and Dr all did such a great job of calming me and assuring me I was in great hands. The ladies in the office are so nice and really know what to say to patients during these tough times. I wanted to take this moment to thank them all! xoxo

Amazing Surgeon

Treated my mom's breast cancer. He was very kind experienced, and most importantly helped my mom. She is doing a lot better now. Thank you Dr. Lygas!

Very experienced physician30

Beware!

I was referred to Dr Lygas by my primary doctor after I had a mammogram and ultrasound which showed a large mass on my right breast. It took 3 weeks for them to schedule me and then on the day of my first appointment I got a call one hour prior that they had to cancel because their machinery was not working. I had to wait another agonizing week. I brought my husband with me to the appointment and wanted to bring him in with me. The staff would not allow this. When the doctor came in he semi politely introduced himself and told me he looked over my films and there is a very large mass and he said he would like to perform a biopsy right then and there. Without knowing any better or not thinking about the required insurance authorization I agreed. He performed the biopsy and then told me I would get a call from his office the following week and they would tell me a time the dr would call me. He said I best answer when he calls because he does not like to play phone tag. He called me as scheduled and told me over the phone (I was driving) that it was cancer. I asked a couple questions and he rudely told me he wasn't getting into this over the phone and scheduled me to come in the next day. My husband was allowed to sit in on the visit this time and the dr told me I needed a mastectomy and scheduled it for two weeks later. I asked if he needed anymore testing and he said only an EKG. I scheduled the surgery per his recommendation and then was encouraged to obtain a 2nd opinion. I am so thankful I did. Although I did ultimately have to have the mastectomy more tests and another biopsy had to be done as no clips were placed during Dr lygas biopsy. The MRI showed the cancer in a lymph node. If I had the surgery by dr lygas without further testing the lymph nodes would not have been treated and My survival rate would be much lower as it is now. I am hopeful that I am beating this. I strongly recommend avoiding this doctor all together or obtaining a 2nd opinion before having surgery. Don't be bullied!

Comment on review of Mar 7, 2016

I am a former patient of Dr Lygas I found him to be very good BUT when I was doing my taxes I went through my medical bills found out I over paid him a few hundred dollars never told me I was due a refund I contacted my insurance co and they told me I needed to contact them well I called the office was told I am due refund its been a month and no one gives you an answer when and since then there has been so many employee changes that every time you call you get someone new.that office cannot keep employees i wonder why.....Check your explanation of benefits from your insurance company you are probably due a refund

he is the most educated doctor I have spoken to about breast cancer. He and his staff made everything almost painless.

Dr. Theodore B Lygas is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Brick, NJ.

Dr. Theodore B Lygas Is this you?