Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Theodore Monitz
Dr. Theodore Monitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Monitz is affiliated with Piedmont Fayette Hospital, Piedmont Mountainside Hospital and Northside Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Theodore Monitz has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Monitz took about 10 minutes to check me out and then put me on BP medicine and everything was going good but now it seems he wont send any refills to my pharmacy. Well I called and everytime I called I never got to speak to a live person always having to leave messages. And after a call everyday when later the week I finally got a call they told me I needed to schedule a check up with him that he wont give me a refill until then. The reason why I cant go in for a checkup is because I was unemployed and cant afford to go in. I guess now I will just tamper off it. Thanks for nothing dont see this doctor!!
Dr. Monitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Piedmont Mountainside Hospital
Northside Hospital Cherokee
Affiliated with Piedmont Mountainside Hospital
Piedmont Newnan Hospital West
Affiliated with Piedmont Hospital
34 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Theodore Monitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions275 Collier Rd NW, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Theodore Monitz in this video.
Dr. Theodore Monitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.