Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Theodore Murray
Dr. Theodore Murray, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Belmont, MA, with another office in Cambridge, MA. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Murray is affiliated with New England Rehab Hospital, Newton-Wellesley Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Theodore Murray has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Theodore Murray has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Theodore Murray has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Theodore Murray is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My teenage son was recently on their teen unit. The past year has been extremely difficult my son with THREE Psych Hospitalization for depression. My husband and I were freaking out that he was going to end up one of those people who didn't respond to treatment. This time around though, it seems to be working. His med regimen was revamped and this is the first time I've seen him living his life again. My only complaint is that he doesn't do outpatient treatment from what I understand.
My 11 year old son was admitted last year to the CAU. He has Pediatric Bipolar disorder and had gone through multiple trials of meds prior, all of which failed. Dr. Murray gained my son's trust (something which hadn't happened with previous providers before often times throwing items at them!) He and his team helped determine the right regimen for him and followed through with appropriate after care planning. My son's doing remarkably better since that admission. Would highly recommend! Overall, great experience (plus he looks like Tom Brady!).
Dr. Murray is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cambridge Health Alliance: Cambridge
10 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Theodore Murray is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belmont, MA.