Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Theodore J Prier has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Prier is great--as long as you don't have anything wrong with you. The moment you come in with a real crisis, he doesn't spend the time with you. He blows it off and tells you to basically deal with it. What might be very painful to you, and a real life-changing condition to him is something you have to just "deal with." Not compassionate if you have a true fear or complaint. Great if all is well, fair-weathered is the best way to describe him. Only go to him if you expect to never get sick or if you don't give a darn about compassion.
I've had to leave the Yakima area, and have been gone 2.5 years. I will likely return in 2017. I miss Dr. Prier and his clinic among the things I miss the most about no longer living in the West. When he was not on time to your appointment, it was only because he was spending time with a previous patient. He spends time with people, hears you out, and thinks about options. That's a good quality for doctors nowadays. As for the clinic, the thing I liked the best was not the relative ease of appointments, which indeed was great, but how they have a walk-in lab starting at 7am. Where I am now, they schedule fasting lab appointments as late as 10:30am. Ridiculous. I hope I get Dr. Prier when I get back.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
12 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Theodore J Prier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHonorHealth Medical Group Thompson Peak, 20401 N 73rd St Ste 105, Scottsdale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Theodore J Prier in this video.
Dr. Theodore J Prier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.